This is an ideal role for a commercially minded marketer with a solid understanding of web content strategy and excellent copywriting skills to lead the web content team for our premium and luxury guided vacation brands. You will be responsible for planning, leading and executing the content strategy of two websites, with 8 regional versions, to optimise reach, engagement and sales. You will ensure that our websites contain accurate, relevant and up-to-date product and service information and will partner with the product, global marketing and web development teams to deliver multiple product launches per year.
With an analytical mindset, you’ll be motivated by delivering website optimisations that increase conversion from both consumer and trade audiences. You’ll have successfully devised personalisation strategies for different user groups and take a data-driven, test and learn approach to implementation. You will be comfortable interfacing with our UX designers and web development team mapping out user journeys for different personas.
A marketer at heart, you’ll enjoy partnering with our global, regional, digital marketing and paid media teams to deliver multi-channel marketing campaigns that resonate and drive value. Already an experienced team leader, you will manage a team of 5, split between Geneva and Toronto and report into the Chief Marketing Officer. Collaborative in your approach, you’ll be comfortable working with key stakeholders in different time zones and willing to flex your schedule accordingly.
• Create a comprehensive web content strategy for both brands defining the substance, structure, workflow and governance.
• Drive our web personalisation strategy to tailor web content to suit interests, preferences and needs of our website visitors and ultimately increase conversions.
• Be responsible for all content and merchandising across the brand websites supporting policies and procedures around content management style and appearance.
• Manage the team to deliver all website content including sales, marketing, product and legal content.
• Ensure that our websites are optimised to convert new prospects, repeat guests, travel agents and partners at all states of their buying cycle from consideration to booking.
• Lead the team through competitor and design reviews to build understanding of the features of best in class websites.
• Work with the web development team to ensure our websites are optimized for user experience, mobile and SEO.
• Oversee reporting of the commercial performance of the websites and adapt content strategy as required to continually optimize conversion.
• Manage the team to conduct quality checking and editing of the websites to ensure accuracy, consistency and adherence to content strategy.
• Develop project plans and associated communications documents, conduct post-project analysis and submit recommendations in order to drive continuous improvement in project delivery.
• Develop and maintain excellent collaborative relationships with the global marketing team, regional marketing teams, web development team, paid media marketing team and CRM team.
• Manage a growing team split between two office locations.
Required Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience leading, managing and motivating teams with accountability for managing performance and personal development.
• Relevant bachelor’s degree. Post-graduate qualifications in marketing or digital marketing an advantage.
• Previous experience managing the online merchandising of an ecommerce website and a proven track record of delivering an increase in sales.
• Experience of implementing website personalization with the skill to execute a new personalization strategy.
Previous experience in the travel industry would be preferred but not essential. We want to see how you have created and implemented ideas in your previous roles, and driven measurable results.
Previous experience with a CMS such as WordPress would be preferred, as would experience creating social content in a tools such as Canva and Mojo.
• Complete fluency in English (English mother tongue preferred).
Behavioural Skills and Competencies
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• High attention to detail and a good eye for aesthetics and design.
• A self-starter with an unwavering can-do and problem-solving attitude.
• Flexible and adaptable approach, with a willingness to support out of hours work and international travel due to the global nature of the role.• Confidence managing a team, both locally and overseas.
• A passion for travel and an appreciation of remarkable experiences.